Friday 18 November 2011

We get the point, you like swords.

I apologise for the pun. But it had to be done.

Still, what else have I been up to? Well this for one!


West Fife Fencing need a new logo for branding and shirts and what not. I'm just chucking out ideas at full speed, see what ones they like and tally ho off we go and use that one.  The first three though on the left at the top where their own ideas while the others where more what I had in mind. 

The primary colours of the club are red and black so I've tried to keep to that using thinner line work to stop it looking a little too bloated. Red and black works some times, personally I feel that if that if you over use one in contrast to the other it sort of looks bloated and doesn't have a nice sense of balance. 

The red diamonds. Quite a sneaky one. But it's ment to be the rail bridge. I wish I could say I came up with that one, but it was part of their original concepts. Still, I like it. It works nicely. Right now I am seeing how much I can play/distort the original elements used here and see what I come out with in the end. 

The main part is the text, how far can I tinker with that before it becomes too illegible. Well thats what I shall find out. You'll see in the next post! 

TTFN 

No comments:

Post a Comment