Sunday 13 November 2011

Drip continues.

Yikes this is a late post. But as they say time+effort over late hours = design...or something like that it's gone one am...don't judge me.

Anyway. this is one of those uber quick blog posts to reveal more astounding work! Hurrah. Basically a new layout with improved text, colouring and basically a feel that better holds the brand togeather. The thinner text was nice but I feel it wasn't holding it's own weight and there was very little to play around with.




I also felt that while the stark white was nice, there could be more variation in colour to breath more life into something that otherwise could be missed in a product market where white is an overly used colour. They retain the sleek elements but have more life to them.

I'm a little wary on the black as vanilla. While that is the colour of vanilla pods, unlike the plant that is the vanilla/white colour I was going for a more traditional feel in linking the colours to the scents rather than the colour of the packaging. An odd duck, but I'm picturing it as a fabricated product that could sit on shelves. I went with an off black so as to not feel like your looking into the void, but rather something with a little bit of substance, that could be completely different if it were ever in print. But hey, it's something to consider at the very least.

No doubt even more tinkering will commence soon, I can see a few little bits that need tinkering work. However a 3d mockup will be arriving very soon. I only wish I have the resources and the skills to produce a full sized version. I think I would pick the black. Just to prove to you how awesome it would look.

Until then though it's still working my way though it. Though at 2 am (by the time I finished this post) it's probably the oddest uses of the word fun I've come across in context with typography at 2 am. Man I bet Max Miedinger and Eduard Hoffmann where like this back in the day...like a boss. Or bosses... 

No comments:

Post a Comment