Wednesday 7 December 2011

Bodily fluids...

You get the title you win a glorious no prize!

So here is a nice little something I created for a friend. I am wanting to do more along this style. Currently I am being massively influced by the work of Mr Hipp with such wondrously illustrated mock covers such as http://mrhipp.blogspot.com/2011/11/does-tintin-dream-of-electric-sheep.html They just seem to work so well. Sure hope Tintin finds that unicorn...maybe he should try asking Adama. (Oh there I go more hidden jokes within jokes.)

So here's my contribution to the cross over cover/poster world.


I think this is probably one of the most enjoyable posters I have made in a long time. Perhaps up there with the Cabespace one. Perhaps it's because all the elements just work somehow. I still think the Saul Bass-ness in my is hanging around for a little longer than predicted, but again, somehow - it all seems to work. There is a wonderful simplicity in the look to it. Stark colours reflecting the shot of scene, bold text with the primary words filled in leaving the text to a much thinner stroke. It helps give a sense of foreground and background with elements filled in being closer to elements behind them on the landscape.


While not the same scale and complexity I would love to perhaps one day make something in the same vein as Mr Hipp, being a fan of the Tintin books as well makes it something even more I want to attempt. Cross overs are always fun for their madcap silly nature and I think it would be a nice project to work on that would show just how crazy/creative I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment