Friday 2 September 2011

Continuing to build an internet face.

So, as it goes things have been quiet, more of a week of filling out forms, more writing and more of the above. Not saying it isn't all fun. I continue the day when I can tell Nintendo how to make a game properly and fall at the feet of Valve for being one of the few game designers out there who know how to make a genuinely fun game.

Yes I've been in a bit of a gaming mood. Though it's justified on this blog since I think it totally counts as graphic design...

Shut up, it does.

So I think a promised a few bits and bobs didn't I? Well I did, and I think you get to see said bits and bobs.

The double L is intentional...just so you know.

So this is some basic concept work for a little branding I was tasked to do. A little odd with the whole double LL. But hey it was in the brief, who am I to judge? 
It's a cumbersome word to work with really. But I tried to avoid the more stodgy kinds of designs that cab be associated with this sort of work. A lot of my previous ideas started to fall into clip art areas. I though that was probably a good idea that you didn't see it. There is perhaps a lot of work still to go on it. Most likely tweaking, lots of that. It's a necessity in design these days. 
With this idea I tried to avoid using an overt logo and tried for a more simplistic feel. The idea of 'productions' allowed me to latch on to something like move production. (In reality this company deals with RP and what not). I felt that drawing subtle aesthetic comparisons to the styles of move company logos would help it just feel a little more alive and less corporate.  

However I'm still not getting my usual pazzaz from it. Still needs a little life. So hence the tweaking. Something about it to me feels a little flat. But hey I'm just waiting for feedback on it the now. Any thing that gets updated will be more or less portfolio material. 



However, that's not all I am working on. I do have something in the mix. (I get the feeling I've been saying that a lot recently). It's more of those personal projects, but I get the feeling this is VERY worth it, one of those nice little things that only come along once in a while. But it will be done very soon. I think you guys out there will like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment