Wednesday 14 September 2011

37c

Huzzar, yet another project gets uploaded. 37c. Quite a fun one. Creating some form of advertising for Art galleries coming to hospitals.

Well I tried to avoid the doom and gloom feeling that hospitals seem to evoke. Because, lets be honest, if they do the best thing it's making you feel misreble. Perhaps that is just me but the scale of bad things vs good things on visiting on a hospital...bad out weighs good sadly.

So I went for something a little joyful and fun. Of course the 37 degrees joke is only going to make sense if you know human biology. Thankfully I do - the wonder temperate of the human body is 37 degrees celius. So it's more medical humour in there for you.



I went with the multiple variations of colour, I think it helps fit into the more bright and optimistic view we try to have with hospitals. Surprisingly I think this is one of the few usages of the colour red in a 'feel good' poster that I can say works and has context. And it's one of the few occasions where I will break my own personal rule of never using green and red together. But that works out fine since the green is made of two nicely contrasting shades that help lift the red off and stopping that freaky illusion you get when your brain tries to focus on a 'agressive' colour over a more 'passive'.

But oh wait, thats not all. I've got a mite more to show you kiddies. See that little smiley? Well the brilliant thing about an icon are ones that we've used so much they become somewhat generic until you make a change, we notice the altered ones more often because it's a sudden change from the norm. Probably the best example is the Watchmen 'smiley' that is used all over the place.

So here are a few variations -


In keeping with the concept of different artistic movements, I decided to try and keep the same idea with the face. Though doubtful there would ever be a horror exhibition it's a nice little example of how diverse the logo can be when the situation demands it.

No comments:

Post a Comment