Tuesday 23 August 2011

West end village and more

So, the I get the feeling the west end village project will be drawing to a close soon. Various files have been sent to various people, and while I think that most of my work is over (I think...) I get the feeling that I might be able to stick around to watch the whole thing take shape. Would be nice to see it all come together. I've been working on this project since around about early July/late June and it's been quite a blast. The final meeting with all us designing folk is scheduled for next week. It's just one of the "So what are we doing meetings" the kind where we say we've actually spending our time doing something productive rather than drinking heavily and wondering what to go see at the Fringe - Which reminds me, I really should go see something before it's all over...

As for other things going on in my big ol' design world....weeeeell it's quiet. And to coin an over used phrase too quiet. But to be fair I have great plans for my folio. Within the next few months some of my work shall be cherry picked for a very nice overhaul. Everything remade to be nice, bright and shiny. And yes! To the one follower that watches this blog, you will get to see the up/dates/grades to my work. With the more advanced skills that I have picked up over the last few years I think I can stretch myself to work on some fantastic new stuff.

So, I actually have been keeping myself busy on the side. A little design thing here and there. Recently got a little request to do some design over haul - it was less than purdy. The kind that aches of that 90's era of design where there are loads of Bizzaro Helveticas lingering around the place being used in what could actually be a breach of the Geneva Convention. It's been an interesting little jaunt to keep the cogs turn and stopping the rabid insanity from taking hold.

So, it's been quiet, but I am hoping to get a job soon. The recent hail of CVs in Edinburgh should yield something, and hey, another one will strike soon. So if any design agencies do actually watch this blog, well keep an eye out for a little white envelope coming through your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment