Wednesday 14 September 2011

Batman live - that old chest nut.

So I finally graduated, much larking around in robes by all. And suddenly I realised that I hadn't actually uploaded much in the way of my Batman work.
Well hindsight sucks, but looking back on that project I don't think I had as much fun as I really could have. Out of most of the artwork that I produced I get the feeling the main poster was something I am most proud of. It's by far not the best, and perhaps the wanted posters I have produce surpass it artistically, but I feel that this -


Probably hit nearly all the nails I was aiming for. Though that said, I am more than tempted to go back and perhaps make something new of it. As I write this I have the urge to go back and re-examine the more complex or perhaps unused designs that I didn't use, primarily due to time constraints, and also because during the production of this project, there was hardly any information released about the Live event. So perhaps knowing what the show is now could perhaps I could make something better? Who knows, that said though I loved working on this poster, the final moment of the artwork, just getting it all to work together. I wish I could have evoked a more comic book feel. Perhaps that will be something to investigate on a potential re-design. My recent work with the Valve posters have made me want to produce more poster themed artwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment