Wednesday 27 October 2010

Scoopy

This probably leans closest to the strangest project I have worked on, the product was Inflata-scoop. A product designed for catching dog poo in an inflated bag.
Well it was so bizarre I just had to take a whirl at it. 




My concept for this project was a little silly, but an enjoyable idea. 
Back in the 50's all sorts of ideas where being made real, hover cars, helicopter cars, jet packs, it was this era when any silly idea could seem plausible. So I thought, why not give it a 50's feel? So I did, but I pushed the idea further to give it a little more depth allowing for some more artistic elements to shine though, I eventually settled on a strange grunge/retro 50's design. It was a strange mix, but I seemed more pleasing than simple colours. 
The tag line "Because Sh*t happens." was just simple honest, as a dog owner myself, I know what it can be like when your out walking and then... It was something other dog walkers would remember, and most importantly be able to relate to. 

The design itself would be used on simple lightweight paper packaging, the product was incredibly small and so therefore didn't require a major amount of packaging, and I decided like most pet food and hygiene packaging that should be kept simple and just be a small paper carton with a cut out for the handle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment