Tuesday 26 July 2011

So now what?

Well it's already August, holy crap did time move fast. Looks like things are moving at a pace I'm only just getting the hang on. So, it was my birthday a few weeks back and I was graced by the gods of Apple with a shiny new Mac Book. Ahh the wonder of it...

So of course that ment I got steam straight away and downloaded Team Fortress 2...it's to help cope with my Fallout and BioShock addiction....it's not working but hey it's something to do after all.


That said, it's not been all without design work, as I quite happily much on some skittles sour I reflect on the upcoming hand in for this west end village. More technical stuff this time, focusing on the nitty-gritty bits and bobs of signage. The designs are a little stripped down from when I started, but I'm trying to retain the ideal amount of individual look/feel while keeping it within the sort of workable level I've been assigned. Not that hard when you think about it. Stuff will hopefully be going up.....sometime. There is all the legal rhubarb about sharing design stuff like this, so for the mean time I'm going to keep those designs nice and snug on my hard drive, despite how mind blowingly awesome they are.

So as I continue to carry on with job seeking - and noticing that Skittles sours have gotten less sour over the years... - I've been working my way to any job graphic or not if it will be enough to have some paying. I'm really also focusing on perhaps going back and continuing to tweak my folio before I go back to the real work, take some time out and treat myself, and by treat myself I mean learning to drive, getting a bog standard job, getting a few of the things I've always wanted to do, but never had the chance purely down to my commitment to college. Hopefully with a part time job I can get a few of the more daydream related stuff done. It's a sizable list, but you never know. No time like the present.


Speaking off a tangent that I need to take... the fantastic web series Back Yard FX has sadly come to a close today, four years old, probably lasting longer than most other web shows. (Or web shows worth talking about anyway). It's been a rather insightful view into the world of creative film making for low budget prices. From Idiana Jones style melting heads to Halo Armour. It was one hell of a show. And I would be lying if I didn't say I would be somewhat sad that it was going, but then again Wayside creations are starting their own show on their separate channel.  They are the wonderful little people behind Nuka break, so it's nice to know that we shall be seeing Zack Finfrock in the future still working on little bits and bobs for us creative folk how have nothing better to do than waste our hours fiddling with hot glue and bits of card.

So I've finished my packet of skittles, and promptly forgot why I was really even making this video. Probably to elaborate on something big, or just to show that I'm still alive. Anyway. Seems that I should be getting back to work. Cv's don't write themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment